“The action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm – is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.”
Working together to safeguard children (HM Government 2013)
Upton Cross ACE Academy has a duty of care to ensure that all children are kept safe and feel safe. If we have any concerns regarding a child these will be shared with parents and carers and appropriate professionals.
We will seek the advice from professionals where we have concerns about the well being of a child.
If anyone has a safeguarding concern regarding a child they should contact the school DSLs or the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU). They can be contacted on 0300 123 1116.
Please refer to our Policy page to read our Child Protection policy for further information.
The DSL should:
• work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff are supported in knowing how to recognise and respond to potential concerns.
• liaise with the head teacher or principal to keep them informed of any safeguarding of issues especially ongoing enquiries and police investigations
• as required, liaise with the local authority case manager or the designated officer at the local authority if a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff
• liaise with staff on matters of safety and safeguarding and when deciding whether to make a referral by liaising with relevant agencies
• act as a source of support, advice and expertise for staff.